The following programs are available from the collections of
the Society and are recorded on CD for computer projection to groups.
- Barns and Farms – a look at local farms and nostalgic
barns that are rapidly disappearing as development expands and farms cease
to be profitable
- Building the Sanitary and Ship Canal – a collection of
photos recording the project by the Sanitary District of Chicago to build
a deep canal for removing waste from Chicago sewage and provide a shipping
canal to the Illinois River.
- CCC and WPA Sites around Lemont that were built in the
1930s as a government – sponsored work program.
- Limestone – the main resource of Lemont for many years
from the digging of the I&M Canal up to about 1920.
- Postcards – from the collection of over 200 postcards
covering early views and up to the present time with scenes of modern
- Quarries and Springs – one of Lemont’s main attractions
and now a recreational area for tourists and residents
- Secret Treasures – natural areas with beauty and religious
places of interest from Lemont’s many religious shrines and churches.
- Evaluating Pre-Columbian Art Murals in Mexico
- Lemont Highlights – a selection of places around Lemont of
interest to tourists.
- The history of Rolls Royce
- The Wright Brothers and the first airplanes. Aviation pioneers of Lemont.
©2006-2013 by Lemont Area Historical Society